Women's Rankings
Women's Rankings

Women’s Award: ICC Women’s Player of the Month Award ICC Women’s Rankings: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the nominees for the Women’s Player of the Month for June 2024.

There is stiff competition for this prestigious award, with three outstanding players being selected for their exceptional performances on the field. The nominees include Smriti Mandhana of India, Maia Bouchier of England, and Vishmi Gunaratne of Sri Lanka.

Smriti Mandhana (India)

WIPL 2023
Smriti Mandhana

Indian star Smriti Mandhana had a terrific month, especially in the three-match ODI series against South Africa and the one-off Test against England. Mandhana was brilliant, hitting centuries in the first two ODIs, scoring 117 and 136 respectively.

Though she missed out on a hundred in the third ODI by a mere 10 runs, she scored 343 runs at an average of 114.33 and a strike rate of 103.93 to help India secure a 3-0 series win over the Proteas.

Apart from this, Mandhana also contributed with the ball and took a wicket. In the Test match against England, Mandhana continued her exceptional form, scoring 149 to help India post their highest-ever score in Women’s Tests, resulting in a stunning 10-wicket win.

Maia Bouchier (England)

Maia Bouchier, who is aiming for her second ICC Women’s Player of the Month award in 2024, has had a remarkable month. Bouchier, a middle-order batsman turned opener, showcased her adaptability and skill against New Zealand. In her two ODIs, she was dismissed only once while scoring 167 runs at an impressive strike rate of 121.

Her notable performances included a quickfire 67 off 50 balls, including a 137-run partnership with Tammy Beaumont, that helped England secure a comfortable nine-wicket win in the first ODI at Chester-le-Street.

She did even better in the next match, scoring an unbeaten 100 off 88 balls to guide England to victory and earning the Player of the Match award for her efforts.

Vishmi Gunaratne (Sri Lanka)

Former Sri Lanka Under-19 captain Vishmi Gunaratne has continued to impress at the senior level. Leading her team in the home series against the West Indies, Gunaratne’s consistent performances earned her the Player of the Series award.

She scored 134 runs in three ODIs at an average of 44.66 and a strike rate of 83.22, including scores of 40, 50 and 44, which were crucial in Sri Lanka’s first whitewash against the West Indies since 2008.

Her form continued in the T20 series as well, where she was the joint-highest run-scorer with 35 in the first match. Gunaratne scored a total of 195 international runs in June, cementing her status as a rising star in women’s cricket.

 Voting Process

The ICC Women’s Player of the Month is selected through a voting process involving the independent ICC Voting Academy and cricket fans around the world.

The Voting Academy comprises prominent members of the cricket community, including journalists, former players and broadcasters.

They account for 90% of the votes, while fans registered on the ICC website make up the remaining 10%. The winners will be announced on the second Monday of July, showcasing the top cricket talents of the month.

Visit the ICC website to cast your vote and for further information.

Also Read: Top 5 women’s cricket players worldwide in 2023

ICC Women’s Rankings

The International Cricket Council (ICC) has released its latest rankings for women’s cricket, reflecting the latest performances in both ODIs and T20Is. The rankings feature the top teams and individual women’s players who have excelled at the global level. Here is a detailed overview of the current rankings.

ODI – Team Rankings

03South Africa108
05Sri Lanka98

T20 – Team Rankings

04New Zealand255
05South Africa242

Women’s Batting Rankings

ODI – Batting Rankings

01Natalie Sciver-Brunt770
02Laura Wolvaardt756
03Chamari Athapaththu755
04Smriti Mandhana738
05Beth Mooney704

T20 – Batting Rankings

01Beth Mooney769
02Tahlia McGrath762
03Hayley Matthews746
04Laura Wolvaardt741
05Smriti Mandhana715

Women’s Bowling Rankings

ODI – Bowling Rankings

01Sophie Ecclestone802
02Kate Cross683
03Megan Schutt682
04Deepti Sharma671
05Ashleigh Gardner639

T20 – Bowling Rankings

01Sophie Ecclestone770
02Deepti Sharma737
03Sarah Glenn732
04Sadia Iqbal722
05Hayley Matthews703

Women’s All-Rounder Rankings

ODI – All-Rounder Rankings

01Marizanne Kapp405
02Natalie Sciver-Brunt401
03Hayley Matthews394
04Ashleigh Gardner364
05Deepti Sharma360

T20 – All-Rounder Rankings

01Hayley Matthews524
02Amelia Kerr413
03Ashleigh Gardner401
04Deepti Sharma386
05Chamari Athapaththu326

Also Read: FIFA Womens’s World Cup 2023 Schedule team, Schedule download offline, Qualified team, tickets, Venues, host and group stage