The India VS Australia test series is half done. With that being said, the remaining half is pending, and the action stored in that is going to be elite. Following the test series, the Australian team is expected to play three one-day internationals (ODIs) against India. The Kangaroos will be keen on defeating India in an ODI series. The Indian team for the last two test matches and the 3 ODIs was announced recently. Is KL Rahul sacked? Is Sarfaraz Khan picked? Here’s a look at it, along with answers to all of these questions:
India VS Australia 2023: Indian Squad for Last Two Test Matches:
The squad for the last two test matches is as follows:
Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, KS Bharat (wk), Ishan Kishan (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Jaydev Unadkat.
The key takeaways from this squad are as follows:
- Jaydev Unadkat is back after a splendid performance for Saurashtra in the Ranji Trophy Final.
- KL Rahul is no longer the vice-captain of the Indian test team.
- Rohit Sharma has been given the responsibility to pick the vice-captain of the Indian Cricket Team.
- KL Rahul is likely to be dropped for the 3rd Test Match, and Shubman Gill and Rohit Sharma will be the most-likely opening pair in the India VS Australia 3rd Test.
- Sarfaraz Khan is still not picked.
- The rest of the squad remains exactly the same.
Indian Squad for 3 ODIs:
The squad for the 3 ODIs is as follows:
Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul, Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya (Vice-captain), Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Umran Malik, Shardul Thakur, Axar Patel, Jaydev Unadkat.
The key takeaways from the ODI Squad are as follows:
- Jaydev Unadkat has been given a chance in the ODIs too in place of regular left-arm pacer Arshdeep Singh.
- Rohit Sharma is likely to miss the 1st ODI due to family commitments, Hardik Pandya, the designated Vice-Captain will be leading in his absence.
- The pace battery includes Siraj, Shami, Umran, Thakur, and Unadkat for the India VS Australia 3 ODIs.
- No update on the fitness of Jasprit Bumrah has been given but he was expected to be a part of the squad for the India VS Australia ODIs.
- Prasidh Krishna is still out due to an injury. He is likely to miss the entire IPL 2023 season too.
To know more go to the official website of the BCCI.