The New Zealand team is currently the talk of the town. Considering that they have won the last ICC event (ICC World Test Championship) all eyes will be on the men in black. They always provide great competition in the ICC tournaments. The Kiwis and their talent are on sublime display in such world events. With the likes of Kane Williamson and Trent Boult along with their specialist T20 players, the Kiwis look more than formidable to grab their second ICC trophy. Here’s a look at their team: –
New Zealand Cricket Team for T20 World Cup: –
Kane Williamson (c) – Todd Astle – Trent Boult – Mark Chapman – Devon Conway – Lockie Ferguson – Martin Guptill – Kyle Jamieson – Daryl Mitchell – Jimmy Neesham – Glenn Phillips – Mitchell Santner – Tim Seifert (wk) – Ish Sodhi – Tim Southee – Adam Milne* (injury cover)
New Zealand Cricket Team Schedule for World Cup: –
- Oct 18, Mon New Zealand vs Australia, 2nd Match Warm-up Matches, 2021 Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi 7:30 PM 02:00 PM GMT / 06:00 PM IST
- Oct 20, Wed England vs New Zealand, 5th Match Warm-up Matches, 2021 Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi 3:30 PM 10:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM IST
- Oct 26, Tue Pakistan vs New Zealand, 19th Match, Super 12 Group 2 Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah 7:30 PM,02:00 PM GMT / 06:00 PM IST
- Oct 31, Sun India vs New Zealand, 28th Match, Super 12 Group 2, Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai 7:30 PM, 02:00 PM GMT / 06:00 PM IST
- Nov 03, Wed, New Zealand vs B1, 32nd Match, Super 12 Group 2, Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai, 3:30 PM, 10:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM IST
- Nov 05, Fri, New Zealand vs A2, 36th Match, Super 12 Group 2, Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah, 3:30 PM, 10:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM IST
- Nov 07, Sun, New Zealand vs Afghanistan, 40th Match, Super 12 Group 2, Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, 3:30 PM, 10:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM IST
Strength of the New Zealand Cricket Team: –
The biggest strength of the New Zealand Cricket Team is their experienced core. The team revolves around the likes of Guptill, Williamson, Boult, and Southee. This core is a group of experienced lads who have been in several ICC tournaments. Also, players like Lockie Furgeson, Conway, and Glenn Philipps have played all over the world with different franchises and have adaptability.
Weakness of the New Zealand Team: –
The presence of a spin bowling all-rounder will make a difference in the New Zealand Cricket Team. They do have Mitchell Santner but his batting abilities aren’t renowned. The other teams have the likes of Jadeja, Ali, Maxwell, etc.
Opportunities for New Zealand Cricket Team: –
The ICC tournaments always bring opportunities for young talent. Devon Conway who showed his mettle in the Lord’s test this year will have the opportunity to show his skill in the shorter format. Also, Glenn Philipps and Tim Seifert can show their explosive capabilities and grab a few eyeballs.
Threats to the New Zealand Cricket Team: –
The biggest threat to the team is the absence of a middle-order batsman. They initially had the likes of Ross Taylor who held the core in the middle but his absence will be felt.