The Australia tour of India in 2023 will begin in a few weeks. Once the Indian cricket team gets done with its series against Sri Lanka, all eyes will be on the contest between bright blue and Australian green. The Australian squad for the Australia tour of India 2023 has been announced. The team has picked as many as four spinners. Todd Murphy, an uncapped player who has had a stellar domestic season, is one of them. The list of spinners doesn’t include Adam Zampa. Also, Mitchell Starc has been ruled out of the first test, here is an in-depth look:
Australia tour of India 2023, Australian Squad Announced:
The big developments or the points to ponder upon are as follows:
- No backup wicketkeeper has been picked. Peter Handscomb will have to take the gloves if Alex Carey gets injured on tour.
- Mitchell Starc has been picked in the squad but will remain unavailable for selection in the first test which is to be played at Nagpur. He has damaged a tendon in his left-middle finger.
- Lance Morris, who is known for his express pace has a chance to make a debut in the first test at Nagpur in the absence of Starc.
- The 4 spinners picked are Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Swepson, Ashton Agar, and Todd Murphy. Murphy is an uncapped player but he has had a good domestic season in Australia.
- Marcus Harris missed out on selection and Josh Inglis did too. Both the names were effectively considered as said by the Australian Chairman of selection, George Bailey.
Pat Cummins (c), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Lance Morris, Todd Murphy, Matthew Renshaw, Steve Smith (VC), Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner
Schedule for the Australia Tour of India 2023:
|1st Test India VS Australia||9th February to 13th February 2023||Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur||9:30 AM Indian Standard Time|
|2nd Test India VS Australia||17th February to 21st February 2023||Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi||9:30 AM Indian Standard Time|
|3rd Test India VS Australia||1st March to 5th March 2023||Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala||9:30 AM Indian Standard Time|
|4th Test India VS Australia||9th March to 13th March 2023||Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad||9:30 AM Indian Standard Time|
To know more go to the official website of the BCCI.